This journal is a publication of the Faculty of Geographical and Environmental Sciences, University of Khartoum. The first issue of the journal is published inJanuary 2017, and the second in July. The journal is bilingual, Arabic and English.
The field of study of theJournal is wideranging, including intersections with Humanities,Socio-economic studies, Environmental andSpatial Sciences as well as Basic and Applied Sciences to enrich the objectives of theJournal.
Scholars from all branches ofknowledge aretherefore, invited to contribute to the forthcoming issues of the Journal.
The Journal will begin by publishing twoissues annually,Moreover, the Journal intends to publish special issues by inviting guest editors. The Journal will be available online (www.sgj.uofk.edu) with a limited number of paper versions.
The Editors would like toacknowledge debt to the Faculty ofGeographical and Environmental Sciences, University of Khartoum for financial support.
Sudan Geographical Journal (SGJ)
Notes to Contributors
1)SGJ is an arbitrated interdisciplinary journal of geographical and environmental sciences issued by Faculty of Geographical and Environmental Sciences, University of Khartoum
2)Only original research complying with the objectives and fields of the journal are accepted for publication in both Arabic and English.
3)Submitted research should not have been submitted for publication elsewhere including paper and electronic publications.
4)Papers submitted for publication should not exceed 15 A4 pages font 12 -Times New Roman, including tables and graphics.
5)Aster the abstracts a limited number of key words should follow.
6)Margins all around should be limited to 3 cm.
7)Types should follow simplified Arabic Size (14) for research in Arabic.
8)Papers written in English should follow Times New Roman size (12).
9)Types for Tables for Arabic papers (Simplified Arabic) size (10). English papers (Times New Roman) Size (10).
10)Arabic number system (1,2,3,…) should be used in all papers.
11)Paginations are put in the bottom right in the middle of the page.
12)Maps and diagrams should be submitted in their form.
13)Each submitted paper will be sent to at least two Evaluators before publication.
14)Papers Submitted finally for publication should consist of CD and two paper Copies.
15)The Journal is not obliged to send back papers which have not been accepted for publication.
16)Research accepted for publication comes under the copy right of the Journal and is not allowed to be published in any form without the consent of the Editor.
17)Processing Fees for publishing an accepted paper are 500 SD pounds or 200 $ US) for papers accepted from outside the Sudan.
18)Processing Fees should be paid to the account of the Journal, Faculty of Geographical and Environmental Sciences, University of Khartoum, FIB U of K Branch.
19)Authors name in the manuscript should be listed alphabetically in the end of the paper.
20)The case of referring to scientific Journals authors name followed by date, title of Journal, pages e.g. Lebon ,J.H.G.(1970):“An Exceptionally cool weather in Khartoum”, Weather, v of? Page ?-?
21) Consent forms are required to be signed by author (s)…..
Instructions to contributors
1) تقبل البحوث المميزة باللغتين العربية والانجليزية في إطار الأهداف ومجالات المجلة علي أن تتسم بالأصالة والابتكار ، والجدة العلمية والمنهجية ، وسلامة اللغة.
2) أن يلتزم الباحث بالمناهج والأدوات والوسائل العلمية المتبعة في مجاله .
3) يتعهد الباحث الرئيس بكتابة إفادة عن جميع الباحثين المشاركين (إن وجدوا) بأن البحث لم يسبق نشره ، وأنه غير مقدم للنشر في أي مجلة أخرى (إلكترونية أو ورقية )، ولن يقدم للنشر في وجهة أخرى حتي تنتهي إجراءات تحكيمه ، ونشره في المجلة .
4) يجب أن لا يتجاوز البحث المقدم للنشر 5000 كلنة متضمنة ملخصين بالعربية ، والانجليزية ، والمراجع .
5) يقسم البحث إلي رؤوس أقلام حسب المتبع في المجلات العلمية .
The Editorial Board
Professor El- Sayed El-Bushra
Dr. Badr El –Din Taha Osman
- Professor Galal el Din AL-Tyeb Mohamed
- Dr. Abdel-Hamid Mohamed AhamedBakhit
- Dr. HasanAbdallah Al- Mangouri
- Dr. Ibrahim Mohd el-Tom
- Dr. MohdmedFathallaMohdmed Ahmed
* The editors and members of the Board are staff members at the University of Khartoum
The Advisory Board
- Professor Mahdi Amin El- Tom- Climatology, U of K, Sudan
- Professor AbdallahNasierAlwelaie- Physical Geography, Imam Mohamed Bin Saud Islamic
- Professor Per Paolo FAGGIE -Human Geography, University of Padova-Italy
- Professor Samir MohmedAlredaisy- Physical Geography- Faculty of Education U. of K.,
- Professor Mustafa M. Khogali- Population Geography, International University .of Africa.,
- Professor ZuhairNourAl.Daim- Biological Sciences U of K. ., Sudan
- Professor Abdel.MalikGasmal Sid- Climatology International University .of Africa, Sudan
- Dr. Abdel Hamid Balla AL- Nor- Population Geography, U of K., Sudan
- Dr. Jamal Mahmoud - Architecture- U of K. ., Sudan
- Dr. Abdel Azim Osman- Urban Geography- U of K., Sudan
- Dr. Amna A. Hamid- R Sensing- RSA Khartoum., Sudan
Layout, design and website administration
- Dr. BadrEldinTaha Osman- Assistant Editor –Faculty of Geographical and Environmental
Sciences– University of Khartoum
- Spec. Nada Mahmoud Mohamed Ali- Information Technology and Networks Administration-
University of Khartoum
A bout Faculty of Geographical & Environmental Sciences
The Department of Geography was established in 1945 as a unit in the School of Arts, University College of Khartoum which became the University of Khartoum in 1956, and the Unit became a department thereof. Administratively, it is a part of the Faculty of Arts, but its academic and research activities transcend the faculty's boundaries to various faculties and Institutes within the university like the faculties of Economics, Engineering, Architecture, Science, Agriculture, Forestry, Education, Medicine, and institutes of Environmental Studies, Afro-Asian Studies, Urban Studies and Development Studies and Research.
The Department occupies a two- storey building. The northern wing comprises sixteen staff offices and the GIS laboratory while the lecture halls the library and the cartography laboratory are located in the southern wing.
The Faculty of Geographical and Environmental Sciences looks for the University of Khartoum enjoying academic freedom, institutional autonomy and democracy, attaining international academic and intellectual excellence, and contributing to meeting the socio-economic and environmental challenges of Sudan